January 9, 2015 by Terumi
I am just a little jealous of all the people posting their steps in all my social media feeds.
I’m counting with you, but mine are getting counted a little more manually right now.
Like the 10 steps I just took while standing at my computer, I’m totally writing down. On paper. Maybe I’ll remember to count a couple hundred steps today and maybe I’ll post my hand-written count so I can fit in. Or maybe I’ll just keep posting this one screenshot from a good day ages ago:
Because I’ve now lost three Fitbits since I got one for my birthday last year so Santa refused to get me another one.
And before you go feeling all sorry for me, the 2nd time I lost my Fitbit, the lovely people at Fitbit even sent me another one to replace it.
I am just Fitbit hopeless.
But every so often, they turn up. I even found one in the pocket of a jacket I brought to Denmark this past spring.
SO if you have lost yours, and you think all hope is lost, this is how I would look for it because this is what I’m doing now:
- While my fitbit still might have a chance of having a battery signal, I try and sync my phone with the the fitbit. I do this in a few rooms in the house and usually I can narrow down where it might be. If I don’t get a signal in the house then I try syncing in my car and I’ve found my fitbit on the floor of the car this way a few times. I wish I’d attached this new Tile thing the hubby found to my fitbit the last time I saw it. I haven’t lost anything we’ve attached the Tiles to yet, but apparently they will help us find the things I lose. It’s only a matter of time and then I’ll update you on if it really works.
- If I know when I lost my fitbit, I retrace my steps. One time I found me fitbit outside my kid’s school the next day and I often find it between my car and any place we’ve stopped if I haven’t attached it properly to my clothes.
- I check the pockets of the clothes I was wearing and the laundry and my purses. I have found my fitbit in the laundry many many times. And often I’ve found it in a purse that I might have worn to workout or to an event where I don’t want people seeing my fitbit and I’ve stashed it away.
- This info on fitbit’s site is totally helpful too. And when they say to ask for help, they seriously mean it.
- And then I wait because sometimes trying to find it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think mine may turn up again. I last saw one of the three in mid-December, so its battery has probably died. It’s likely just waiting for me to do a little spring cleaning, and I’ll find it. And when I do I’m going to get myself a trophy from Tory Burch to keep it in and celebrate.
Did you recently get a Fitbit? Have you lost your too? And if you have, where’s the farthest place from home you’ve found your Fitbit? Or maybe you might have a tip for me on where I can find my Fitbit. Thanks!
Sorry, comments are closed.