So I’m still doing this running thing. I don’t like to talk about it a lot because it’s oh so time consuming that I don’t like it spilling over to all my other stuff but a friend convinced me to re-sign up for a half-marathon and I did. And because it’s the only place I get an hour completely to myself it’s also where I get lost in my head and just think about important things, so here are some I just needed to get out:
1) Usually I’m into buying stuff and while running it’s no exception. I need something to hold my phone while I run because it tracks my mileage and I have nowhere to put it. I’d put it on an armband, but I like to check my email/twitter/favorite store websites when I run. (Yes, that might sound dangerous in theory, but so is running. It hurts my legs and makes me feel like I’m going to die.) I’m looking for something like a bra with a pocket with a bungee attached so I can put my phone in it but pull it out and have the bungee as a backup just in case I drop it while I’m tweeting/buying something/trying not to fall. Something like this:
But with a bra attachment, I think.
2) Speaking of running, I’m totally regretting this whole signing up for another half-marathon accident. (last year I didn’t run the one I signed up for. I booked a trip that coincided with the run and think I might just do the same maneuver this year.) I’m running so much now it’s like a part-time job. I’m going to have to get business cards made.
3) Is it the Nordstrom Anniversary sale yet? My hubby keeps reminding me it’s the men’s sale soon and I kind of hope these go on sale because I’ve seen them in store windows and they’re pretty
4) If you were scared of the one scary thing about pregnancy that people whisper about and you know happens but you can’t figure out if you’re going to be the lucky victim (No 2 on the table if you’re clueless and so sorry for burning that into your mind ) then you may like me be totally scared of what to do if you have to go to the bathroom when you run something like a half-marathon. What do you do if you need to go to the bathroom when you’re running the BIG run? I whispered my fear to my favorite sounding board and she directed me to this article and I am definitely now considering ending my running career.
5) And another thing that’s hard about running is how to fit it in. What if you have a glass of wine at dinner. Can you still run then? I saw a lady at the gym drinking coffee while she was exercising and I thought it was brilliant, but I can’t imagine holding a glass of wine while running and I guess I’m sticking to water for the next little while.
6) But these headbands are cute:
7) And this could be fun too:
8) And the nice thing about running is that it tones you up, so maybe this bathing suit might be a nice reward for finishing, if I actually go though with my crazy half marathon plan.
So I’m just going to stick with running for now and maybe the next time I talk about it I’ll be like “Half-marathons? oh that is so last year, I’m totally on to the Tough Muddler now.: (And pigs might fly.)