I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I’m totally not ready for back to school and neither are my guys, (how is summer almost over already???!!) but I guess it’s coming and I would like to be prepared and maybe you’d like to get a little ready with us too.
When I was a little, back to school shopping meant we would head down and shop in “the States” and it would be a whole weekend of family fun and we’d come home with a back to school outfit so we’d be ready for the first day. (Canadian friends, please tell me you relate!) Nowadays we do so much of our shopping online, but I still like to make back to school shopping an actual in-store experience and I love picking out first day of school clothes with my kids. Some of my best memories with my mom have been spent hanging out between clothes racks in Macy’s
looking for deals and cute outfits together. So this weekend, she would be pretty excited to know that I’m bringing the guys to a Macy’s Back to School event in Bellevue
, where I know the guys and I will have an afternoon of crafts and activities to experience while we shop there on Saturday, August 15th at 2pm. (Everyone is welcome, so of course you can come too!)
Apparently there will be Disney princess and Star Wars photo booths and crafts and activities for the kids. My guys are SO into Star Wars these days so I’m hoping this might be a fun way to try and get a family picture together. I’m also excited to see some back to school looks together; right now they are only wanting to wear sports-themed clothing so I would like to show them kids wearing fashionable clothes to help encourage them to expand their wardrobe. And I heard there are snacks so that will make the shopping experience even more kid-friendly too.
Are you back to school shopping with the kids this year? And if yes, what kinds of things are you shopping for?
PS. I will definitely post pictures if I see anything that catches my eye. And if I get the family photo I’m looking for, I’ll definitely post it too!PPS. If you aren’t near enough to head to the Macy’s in Bellevue there are a bunch of other Macy’s hosting similar events ALL OVER! And to make it super easy to find them, I’ve listed them all below:
- Macy’s Clackamas – Portland, OR – 8/15, 2pm
- Macy’s Bay Plaza – Bronx, NY – 8/15, 4pm
- Macy’s Bellevue – Bellevue, WA – 8/15, 2pm
- Macy’s Ross Park – Pittsburgh, PA – 8/16, 2pm
- Macy’s Walden Galleria – Buffalo, NY- 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Twelve Oaks – Novi, MI – 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Countryside – Tampa, FL – 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Dulles – Sterling, VA – 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Florida Mall – Orlando, FL – 8/23, 2pm
- Macy’s Brea – Brea, CA – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Fayette – Lexington, KY – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Oakbrook – Oakbrook, IL – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Woodbridge – Woodbridge, NJ – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Parks at Arlington – Arlington, TX – 8/30, 2pm
- Macy’s Herald Square – New York City, NY – 9/26, 2pm